Friday, June 05, 2009

So, excited... two postings for one day!

Okay,

Normally I wouldn't post again... but despite today's gloomy and abysmal weather, I had to tell you about the interesting and exciting purchases I made earlier today.

First. In case you've been living under a ROCK, the Dave Matthews Band released their newest CD this week, Big Whiskey and the Groogrux King. It's their first album since the death of LeRoi Moore, and I'm excited to hear how it's going to be. To be honest, I really don't buy CDs anymore what with iTunes and Pandora and everything... but for DMB, I will GLADLY lay down the $9.99 that Target is selling it for. (And, at least at Target... they don't EDIT the CD like Wally World does. What a way to infringe on the artist Wally World!) Of course, DMB has been plugging it like crazy-- I managed to catch them on the last 10 minutes of Today this morning-- and I'm truly sad that this is yet another summer I won't be able to go and watch them play. I think the last time this happened was when I was finishing up my thesis, so I guess it's pretty appropriate that I'm going to be missing them again to finish up the dissertation. Such is life.

Second. While I was at Tar-jay, I also picked up season three of Weeds. Now, when I will have the time to watch this, I couldn't tell you... but that means I'm a step closer to season four (which was also released this week) and who knows. Maybe, I'll be able to find a way to catch S5 with Cez since he and Axel now have EVERY CABLE CHANNEL KNOWN TO MAN at their house. Good job picking employment with SuddenLink Ax! According to Entertainment Weekly things in S5 are about to heat up and get even more exciting-- so I really need to get on that ASAP!

And... FINALLY. The last purchase I made today was my FIRST Pens t-shirt! Sadly, I couldn't find one for Fleury (the goalie...DUH) and I really wanted one with his name on it since he's kind of become my favorite person the last couple of games. However, the last time I checked, Sid "The Kid" Crosby is nothing to sneeze at either, so I ended up with a t-shirt that has a HUGE 87 on the back in his honor. I just hope KB doesn't think I'm copying her... it's just what I could find while I was in the "Target-Dick's-Wegman's Triangle".

In any case, I have her to thank for my new found admiration of Pens hockey-- and I will certainly wear my t-shirt in all it's glory and hopefully be done with work early enough for yet ANOTHER hockey break! Woo hoo!

No comments: